Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Testing my hand at H.O.R.S.E.

Played quite a few freerolls again. Started off by finishing in the top 30% in Pot Limit Omaha on saturday. Then on monday, being at home all day, I decided to participate in both HORSE freerolls, not too sure what to expect.

The first one went ok (except for the fact that it took me about 5 Omaha hands to remember that this was Hi/Lo and not simple Pot Limit Omaha Hi like I've been playing quite a bit lately). I ended up busting about 420th out of 870 players, so a little under the 50% mark. Not bad but not quite as good as I expected from myself.

Then I registered for the 21h00 one. It went pretty well and although I started off slow (don't I always?) well after the first game rotation I had about twice the average stack. From there I kept building up my stack, mostly from the stud games. For quite some time I was pretty close to the chip leader. In the end, I made a few bad calls that busted me in 77th position. Other than a few hands I'm really happy with the way I played in this tourney.

I find it kinda funny the number of people I see in the HORSE freerolls who say things like "I love HORSE but I hate Razz". If you don't like one of the 5 games involved in HORSE then you do not like HORSE! HORSE is by definition a rotation of these 5 games! It also amazes me how many people participate in it even though they don't like it just because "it's a freeroll". Guess these people have time to waste, if I don't like a particular event, I just won't participate in it even if it's free! I don't find myself participating in every Hold'Em freeroll I see even though I enjoy Hold'Em!

Guess I just don't understand why people do, by choice, something they don't like.

I've been having good tourney results lately. I'll keep trying to build up on that and then go back a bit to cash games, which I've neglected lately. This reminds me, last night was our weekly homegame and boy is that game a lot of fun! We play for ridiculously small stakes but I think overall, everyone is really enjoying it. We had a new player last night, showed good instinct overall and I think he'll be one to watch out in the future. As for me, well I ended up the night with a small profit, which is pretty much the norm for me lately in that homegame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.