Friday, August 24, 2007

Dead tired but happy about it.

Well last night I came back home completly soaked from torential rain exactly 4 minutes before the start of the Railbirds freeroll on FullTilt. So I rushed, started my PC, grabed a towel to dry myself a bit and changed in dry clothes. I managed to sign up to the tourney with less than a minute to go before the start!

It all started out pretty slow for me and ended up shortstacked after a while, but I stuck to my gun and kept playing my game. I managed to get back to my starting stack just before the first break by winning small pots left and right. Then it all started to click. After the first break everything was seemingly falling into place. I was stealing just enough blinds to build up my stack slowly, my hands were holding up when I was at a showdown and I was pretty much in controle and I felt I was dictating the action at my table. I grew up my stack a little above the average stack size before the second break and it would stay above the average until I busted out.

It's still all a bit blurry to me so I can't post specifics right now (specific hands are slowly coming back to me but I want to sort it out a bit by browsing through the massive hand history files) but overall I felt good the whole way. Managed to build up my stack and stay one step ahead of the average, even grabbing the chip lead a few times. When we got to 2 tables left I was chip leader and I stayed in the top 2~3 in chips for the rest of the game.

In the end, at 2h30 in the morning, I busted out on a bad play from my part. I was pretty tired at that point so my focus was down. We were now heads up and had about same stack size. He was covering me but barely. I don't remember exactly how the action went, but basically I went all in with my straight and as he called I just realised that my tired brain had not seen the possible flush there. We bot flipped our cards and he had the nut flush and I was drawing dead.

So even though I went out on a bonehead play I'm still really happy about my result here. 2nd out of 1500+ people is what I'd call pretty good! Hopefully this is just a start! Particularly happy that it just started my bankroll on FullTilt!

No comments: