Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First time doing a Fixed Limit tourney

Well doing a Fixed Limit Hold'Em freeroll tourney tonight so I will post my thoughts here. I am really a Fixed Limit noob so we'll see if I get a clue how to play this ;)

Ok 3rd hand I pick up KcQd in the Big Blind. It's folded around and the small blind calls and I raise it. He calls.

Flop comes A-5-9 with 2 spades. He check I bet he calls. Turn is 9d he bets I call. River is the 6c, he bets and I figure there's no way a raise will make him fold and I'm most liekly beat. I fold realising how much I am clueless at fixed limit lol. This might not last too long after all ;)

Ok now about 10~12 hands into the tourney, I've already lost about a third of my stack. Need to tighten up and change my style A LOT. Trying to adjust and change gears now.

Ok started adjusting now. Won a few pots and doing ok so far. Just had some problems picking my spots at first since the pot odds in limit make it so enticing to play most of the hands. Really weird feeling for me so far. Can't put as much pressure so it's tougher to bluff your way in hands too. Still I like it so far.

Wow! What a hand. I pick up Ac 8h UTG and decide to call and get one caller and the big blind in the pot. Flop comes Ad As 9h. Big blind and me both check and the player in late pos bets. BB folds and I raise and get called. Turn comes Ac !! I bet and he calls. River is a blank since I have the nuts. I bet again and he calls.

The very next hand I pick up 9d 8c in the Big Blind. There's one call and then a raise. The small blind, me and the original caller all call. Flop comes Qs Js 2d. Wel all check to the raiser who bets. The small blind and me both call. Flop comes Td and I figure it's time to see if someone has a flush. Small blind checks, I bet, late pos raises. Small blind and me both call. Turn comes Jc. Small Blind checks, I bet and everyone call and I rake in a nice pot with my straight.

Now sitting on more than 2500 chips and doing great.

Now up to 2800 chips. Posting hands while playing is a bit tough so I'll slow down. Plus I don't want that post to be 300 pages long. Guess I might edit it at the end before publishing it.

21h45Wow... spent some time with only me and another guy not sitting out at our table. Now we're 3. Been like that for almost 30 minutes.

21h50 Funny how my limit noobness gives me bigger stack swings in fixed limit than I usually have in no limit. Now down to about 1000 chips.

21h56 Just managed to triple up from my miserable 800 chips with pocket 8s who helpd up. Back in business! Gotta play more carefully now.

22h00 First break. Sitting on about 1600 chips, so not in great shape but not in critical condition either. I'm finally getting into the FL groove and have to admit I really enjoy it.

Well busted out a short while after the first break. Was a pretty fun tourney, definitly took me a while to get used to limit play though. Next time I'll do better!

No comments: