Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Terrific home game!

Last night was a blast! We played lots of Omaha, a bit of Razz some 7 card stud and, of course, LOTS of Hold'Em. I was hit by the deck harder than I've ever been. Managed to triple up my buy in. Guess that's why I had so much fun! We also had a record 6 people. Hopefully this is sign of things to come.

I won a sit & go last Sunday which felt good. I've had mixed results in Sit & Gos and tourneys lately so I'm really glad about that one. Especially since I had to fight for it. Was a really fun game. (once again I guess winning it all has something to do with me enjoying it so much!)

Here's a hand I am still not too sure I like the way I played. We're 3 handed and I'm the big blind. Blinds are 50/100 and I'm the chip leader with about 5500 chips. The button folds and the small blind raises it to 300. Looking at 7d 7c I call.

Flop comes Kd 7h 3h. The small blind checks. There I was putting him on something like AK, KQ or just a weak K so I was pretty convinced I had the better hand. The flush draw did not bother me that much I guess so I wanted to give him a chance to improve his hand so I checked. That's actually the part of the hand I'm not too sure about. Sure, I most likely have the best hand at that point, but if he's on a flush draw a free card could be dangerous for me.

Anyway, I checked and the turn came Qd which I was pretty happy about since if he was on a heart flush he missed it and if he had KQ well then there's no way he's going to fold this. He bets 300 into the 600 pot, I raised it to 900 and he called.

River came Ac, he checked, I fired 1200 and he raised all it for about 400 more. I called and he turned over JT for a nut straight. How could I be stupid enough to not even think about that possible hand! Of course I did not give him the proper odds to call on the turn, but still, I hate the fact that I completely missed the fact that there was a possible straight draw on the board!
Anyway, I managed to get those chips back and win it but I hate the way I missed an obvious possible hand.

I went to play raquetball with Alex tonight. Looks like he'll need to give me good odds if he wants us to bet on this lol! Played 2 games against him and lost them 11-6 and 11-2 if I remember correctly. Give me a few weeks though and this will turn around!

No comments: