Friday, April 20, 2007

Weird Dreams

Wow did I have weird dreams last night! I spent all night turning around in bed dreaming about poker. Everyhand I was playing I was out of position with the second nuts and would always get called by the nuts lol. Not my definition of a good poker session to say the least!

We've had what I hope will be the first of our weekly home game. Played mostly hold'em but managed to have people try Omaha and even some 7 card stud and 5 card draw. Was pretty cool. We were 4 and I came out ahead so that's good. I need to start being a bit more observant at the table, whenever I take time to really look at what's happening I usually have a pretty good feel for where I'm at compared to other players and I even spotted a few tells during the session. That said, I easily get distracted and lose focus.

Lately my online results have been horrible. I basically blew out about half my bankroll in the last few weeks. I still have more then enough to keep playing but I'm considering pumping a bit more money in it. Why would I put more money right now? Cause as stupid as that sounds I want to start playing on higher stakes. I really feel that playing on micro-stakes I'm getting bad habits and my learning process is hampered by it. I've given 0.05/0.10 a shot and I think that already there I might find what I want.

I've started reading Harrington and it liberating when it made me realise that the problems I have right now are not that my game is fundamentally flawed, I'm just trying to play a style that is tough for someone with as little experience as I have. I will try a few different things in the next few days to see where I'm most comfortable and can get results at the same time.

No comments: