Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My first time...

Cash game, blinds are 0.01/0.02, I'm sitting in middle position. It's folded to me and I have Ks Qs, I raise it to 0.06 and everyone folds except one player.

Flop comes Jh 8d Ts, I check hoping to get a free card. The other player bets 0.10 into a 0.15 pot. Not exactly the right odds to pursue my draw, but the fact that he did not re-raise me pre flop makes me think he's on a draw himself and wouldn't mind taking the pot right now so I call. Pot is now at 0.35.

Turn card is the As, giving me a nut straight and even giving me a nut flush draw. I check it again knowing full well that no matter how much he bets I check-raise him. He bets 0.10 I raise him to 0.50 and he calls instantly.

Flush card comes... Js !! I've hit my first ever royal flush!! I fire a 1.50$ bet and he calls. Turns out he has AK and I win a pretty nice pot :)

First time ever I get a royal!




No comments: