Friday, January 12, 2007

The tides are turning

Finally decided to spend the whole night on 0.01/0.02 tables. I feel I'm heading back in the right direction.

Started the evening with about 9$ left in my bankroll, now I'm up to $15.84. I know these are not good gains but it's still better than the losses I was having in the last few days. I ended up being a bit short of my "dream" goal of tonight which would have been to double up my 9 or even better get to 20$... but it's still a nice evening of poker.

I don't have any hands that pop in my memory or stand out particularly tonight, but I have to say that so far I seem to be winning a lot whenever I get pocket queens.

Oh yeah now come to think of it there is one hand that I remember. I was in the big blind and get Ah 9s. 3 people limp before me, I decide to just check it. Now the flop comes 8h Th 3h. Hmmm, nut flush draw. The small blind folds before anyone raises so now it gets to me. I decide to bet pretty strong since I figure people are going to be afraid of the flush anyway so I decide to raise the size of the pot (0.08$ at that point). To my surprise both players call, pot is now at 0.32$... not a bad pot on a 0.01/0.02 table. Now the turn comes, Jh and I hit my nut flush. Now I'm pretty happy because I figure there's a good chance someone else has hit the flush, I hope they did with the Kh. I decide to start slowplaying a bit, so I raise about 0.10, a third of the pot, hoping to trap whoever follows me later on. First player folds, second calls.
Turn card comes... 6h!!! So there's now a flush on the board. I make my move and go all in, hoping the guy thinks I want to scare him away to avoid sharing the pot. To my great joy he calls, all in, at 3.25$. I win the 6.73$ pot with my nut flush while he throws away Kh 8c.

No comments: