Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dream hand

Ok I've got to post this. I sit down at a table, not a single player I know, first hand I'm dealt is 10-10. UTG raises seven times the big blind, making it 0.14 to go. I decide to go see the flop with my pocket tens since I have position on the guy. I call as does the small blind. Sweet, now I have a decent hand AND position on everyone involved.

Flop comes Ts 6h 4c giving me a top set. Small Blind checks, UTG raises about a third of the pot, I re-raise him the size of the pot since I have the nuts and I figure this guy has an overpair or is just trying to buy the pot. Small Blind folds and UTG calls.

Turn card comes 4d so now I have a nice full house! Even better. UTG checks to me and I decide to bet about half the pot figuring I will most likely go all in on the river and I want to keep him in as long as possible. He calls.

River comes 3d, UTG checks to me... I figure he's gone but I decide to push all in, hoping he thinks I'm trying to buy this pot. He calls! I win a huge pot.

PokerStars has this weird thing where if you go to the showdown, you can see the other player's hand even if he mucks it. I hate it, but I still went and checked, he had pocket cowboys...

No comments: