Thursday, August 21, 2008

2nd coaching session

Got my second coaching session yesterday. It's crazy how sometimes being told something you already know just helps you grasp it. And by that I don't mean that SplitSuit didn't tell me anything I did no know! We went over some stuff that I had read about, but somehow failed to really integrate in my game. Just hearing him talk about it and asking him a few questions made everything so much clearer! Don't get me wrong, I still need to work a lot on those things, but after that session I feel like I have the tools to do so.

August is going pretty well so far although I'm behind pace for my 15K hands (I blame the Olympics). A good sprint at the end of the month might bring me close though. At least the hands I am actually playing, I feel I play pretty well. My results have been really good so far and while that is partly due to what I call the "SplitSuit trainee karma", I think it is encouraging.

My bankroll growth has been slowed a bit lately due to me actually spending a bit of it on coaching and some datamining/table selection software. Still, I feel pretty confident about my year goal of reaching NL50 before 2009. A few easily clearable bonuses and rakeback should make this relatively easy. Feels good to finally get closer to what seems like meaningful stakes. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about all the time I've invested in playing and beating NL10 and then NL25. But for some reasons, I always kinda felt that it all really started at NL50.

As for the rest of my life, I guess things are pretty good. Been coming back to my guitar more and more lately. Guitar has been a weird mistress for me over the year. I get super hyper motivated for a while and play a lot, and for some reasons then I stop and don't even touch it for months. The weird thing is that it's pretty easy for me to play music. I'm by no mean a pro, but I seem to learn faster than most and don't struggle as much. Guess it would be a waste not to use that and to let my guitar gather dust!

No comments: