Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mid-June update

Well other than the fact that I'm getting destroyed in our WSOP pool things are going good so far in June.

The month is in the green so far, even though I've had a pretty roug hevening last night. You know, the kind of evening where nothing hits, your borderline hands get re-raised all the time etc etc etc. The kind of night where you're dealt Kings 5 times and win only once with them... Anyway, not complaining, I've had my shares of insane heaters so it's all good. Anyway I managed to lose only about 60 Big Blinds in the whole evening so that was good.

The last few days, as a change of pace, I've started playing 0.25/0.50 HORSE on FullTilt. Strangely, Hold'Em is my worst game when playing HORSE. I just can't figure out Limit Hold'Em. Still, having lots of fun dabbling in these other games and I think I can hold my own. I roughly broke even last night. I find that patience is even more important at mixed games than when playing NL. I tend to want to play all the games, so if I spend a Razz rotation getting dealt a bunch of bananas for example, I tend to grow impatient.

Anyway, playing a bit of HORSE and doing my session review for 2+2 has eaten a bit in my NLHE time so I'm still behind pace for my goal. Not nervous though, I still think I'll hit it. All I need is a few big nights of play and a free week end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying out new games in between my horrific MTT run and have done ok at 7CS and the odd HORSE game.

Still can't get my head around Razz though! LOL!

NC said...

Hehe well I've been playing quite a bit of PLO a while ago. Actually read Jeff Hwang's book about PLO (kick ass book).

I'm doing ok at pretty much all the games in HORSE, except Limit Hold'Em. Guess I should re-read Small Stakes Hold'Em! :)