Friday, June 27, 2008

Breaking even...

Well June is almost over and I still have some hope of making it an at least breakeven month. I'm down about 2.5 buy ins and have been for what seems like ages. Made me realize how draining long break even stretches can be. And I don't mean gut-wrenching frustrating downswings where you question everything. Just a slow, draining weariness. Gain a bit, lose it back... lose a bit, gain it back...

I guess in a game that tend to be as result oriented as poker, the status quo is pretty rough. Poker is a game where we expect to either win or lose money. That's probably why breaking even can give you (well me anyway) a sense of futility. I guess it would be like walking for a few hours expecting to get somewhere only to find yourself standing right where you started.

On a good note though, I will be VERY close to my 12K hands goal for June, so my volume of play is good considering it's summer and well... summers are traditionally pretty busy for me. Like this week end, another touch football tourney.

I guess I'll be back here for my June recap.

No comments: