Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fuck cancer

My girlfriend's sister died last week at age 38 following a 4 year long fight with breast cancer. Needless to say that this kind of events puts things into perspective. Also needless to say that I have not been playing much poker...

No recaps for last month, no goals for this one. Just a weird numbness and fatigue. The last week was long and with little sleep (I can only imagine how it must be for my gf and her and parents and other sister). Right now we are all struggling to try to find some semblance of a normal daily life. Me mostly trying to be present and helpful, the family being over their heads with the preparation of the ceremony and stuff like that... all while coping with their loss.

I am not too sure why I am making this post is. Not too sure what the point of it is either to be honest. But I felt like this was an event that I had to leave some trace of, somewhere, in some silly way.

RIP Sandra...

2 comments:

SplitSuit said...

sorry to hear about the loss =( best of luck to you, the friends, and of course the family

TiocfaidhArLa said...

G'day m8, you're never alone in this world, or the next.

My mum died of cancer today and we're very happy as she died at home with little pain in the end, surrounded by all of her family.

All the very best wishes to you and yours.