Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The ongoing heads up match

Alex and me finally got to go on with our ongoing heads up match we had started about 6 months ago. We upped the stakes a bit (we both added 5$ to our stack and kept going from where we were) and changed the formula a bit. Instead of playing pure No Limit Hold'Em we now play a rotation of games. Basically it's HORS... kinda like HORSE but without the E and the H and O are different lol.

- H : No Limit Hold'Em 0.02/0.05
- O : Pot Limit Omaha 0.02/0.05
- R : Fixed Limit Razz 0.05/0.10
- S : Fixed Limit Stud 0.05/0.10

I started out playing a pretty loose aggressive style with the intent of tightening up later on and it worked pretty well. I was mostly spewy in stud games and made most of my profit in PLO. I ended up ahead for the night, but still behind overall. Next time I'll close that gap! You hear that Alex? :p

On the online side of things, I have finally moved up to NL25 and PLO10. Things are going pretty well so far and I've been winning over my first 1500 hands at NL25. I definitly notice a small change in the strength of the field, but it's nothing too big. It will only force me to keep progressing and learning as a player.

No comments: