Wednesday, June 06, 2007

So much for taking a break!

Well after taking some time reading tonight I decided to go and play a bit of hold'em. My mind was fresh and I was feeling pretty good.

Overall was not a bad session. Much better than the last few I've had. That said there were a few pretty bad players. Here's an example of a hand that I played that just boggles me.

The guy under the gun limps in and I raise it to 0.30 with AQ. He calls. The rest of the hand played up pretty straightforward and I ended up losing it. What baffles me is that he called my raise (pot offering him 2 to 1) with 10-7 sooted!

Here's another interesting hand. That time I'm just not too sure if I like how I played it so I guess I'll review it while typing it in here.

I'm in the small blind, 2 people complete the blind including a guy who's been playing a lot of hands. I look at Ad 5s and decide to complete the blind since I'm getting 7 to 1. The big blind checks and we're 4 to the flop. Flop comes Ah 10c 5c, I open up by putting 0.25 in a 0.40 pot. The big blind folds, a player I don't really have a read on calls, and the loose guy also calls. Pot is no 1.15. Turn comes 10h not only voiding my pair of 5 but also putting a potential heart flush out there. Still, I have top pair and figure out an A or a 5 will give me a winner, so I bet 0.75 to chase out any flush draws out there. Unknown dude calls and the loose player folds. Pot is now 2.65. River comes Jh. Right there I'm at a loss. I decide to fire another bet of 1.25$ and the guy raises me to 4.50. What can he have here? I guess he could have limped in pre-flop with A-T or A-J. J-T is also a possibility as is KQ. Anyway, I figure there's no way my ace is good there and I throw it away.

Was just a weird hand. Re reading it I think I played it correctly though.

Anyway time to go to bed now.

No comments: